• At Hong Kong Polytechnic University Tony Fry, as a visiting professor, will teach two Master's classes during April and into the first week of May 2018. One engages 'Strategic Approaches to the City' the other 'Future Contexts for Design'. A major focus will be to continue to explore responses to the environmental and socio-cultural impacts of climate change, especially sea level rises, on the cities of the Pearl River Delta. In particular, he will be looking at what can be learnt from the history of the Tanka - the indigenous 'water people' of the region.
• An evening public event will be organised during April - if you’re interested in attending email Tony at email@example.com
• At Goldsmith's College, London, early June 2018, Tony Fry will lead a Learning Event/Workshop on ‘Design, Cities Under Pressure & the Political.’ See EVENTS
• FHNW Academy of Art and Design Basel May 17–18, 2018: Anne-Marie Willis, Studio Associate, is an invited speaker for this conference on ‘Critical by Design? The Potentials and Limitations of Materialized Critique’ which will focus on “the ambiguous and problematic” relationship between design and critique, and “reconsider design’s potential as a material form of critique, but also to address its its limitations and impertinent promises." Anne-Marie’s paper ‘Ontological Design, Criticality and What Comes After Design?’ will explore this especially in the context of the ‘critical situation’ of increasing autonomy of digital technology and algorithmic intelligence as embedded in economic, political, socio-psycho and cultural life. She will argue for new forms of critical practice that understand design as ontological, yet are not design-centric. More info: https://criticalbydesign.ch/
• Infographic designer needed for challenging project of visualising a new history of philosophy. See PROJECTS